Hello, internet! I’m actually posting about a subscription box in the same month I received it! Go, me!
I really like the Boxycharm subscription as it is only $21 a month and includes enough full size products that total up usually way more than that. Having said that, I have canceled the box. I really liked this month’s box but I am trying to be less materialistic and let go of some of the over consuming of these boxes. It really just comes down to I love getting new stuff in the mail but I have noticed that these items don’t bring me as much joy as they once did. In this thing called adult hood (yuck) I have tried to focus more on the things I truly love and spend my money a little more wisely. Maybe that will change in the future, but as of now, I don’t want anymore samples or lipsticks that I will probably never use.
So, moving on to the box. I’m trying a new format for these posts so we will see how it works.
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Mascara– This was actually the whole reason for keeping this month’s subscription. This mascara was my favorite a few years ago then I tried other mascaras and kind of forgot about it. It’s around $24 usually so I was really excited it was one of the items in the box. Word of caution…it can be a little clumpy but for the most part it is easy to work with.
2. Dermovia Lace A Peel Black Bamboo Charcoal Mask, set of 2– So normally I enjoy trying new face masks. I have watched two of my favorite YouTubers try these masks and they seem a little intense for my sensitive skin. I will probably save these as a stocking stuffer for my sister. But, Amazon lists them for $55 for 5 so these value around $22 for 2.
3. Pharmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleanser– This was the second item I was most excited to try. I am also using a moisturizer and eye cream from this brand that I received in a previous FabFitFun so I am anxious to try more products from this brand. I have been using the Clinique Cleansing balm but once I am out of that, I will reach for this. I do like the brand’s vibe of healthier, cleaner products. The balm is valued at around $32.
4. Kat von D Liquid Everlasting Lipstick in Mother– $18, Not a huge fan usually of liquid lipsticks but I am working on stepping out of my comfort zone. It is a pretty mauve, berry color that should go well in the fall.
5. PUR Cosmetics Boxycharm exclusive, Face and Eyeshadow palette– Ok, so, let’s be real…I need another eyeshadow palette like I need…another eyeshadow palette. Like, really? This is part of the reason I stopped subscribing. We got some sort of palette last month and the month before that. They are pretty but I just don’t get excited about it so I will probably pass it along.
I think there are some variations of this box but these are just the products I received. Thanks for reading!